Finished Project – Embroidered Wedding Gown

It’s finished!

I posted about this beautiful embroidered gown last month as I was working on making and adding embellished pieces to the sleeves. Now they are done, and are sewn into the dress. The bride wanted to add sleeves and more coverage to her wedding gown. She chose to have pleats around the neckline (back and front) to match the rest of the dress and embellished tulip sleeves. She also wanted a bustle for during the reception, and she liked the French style, which always looks great with a pick-up skirt like hers.

It turned out gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see her expression when she comes to pick it up!

Current Project – Embroidered Wedding Gown

I am working on this gorgeous wedding gown – adding sleeves and a higher neckline – for an adorable bride. I hope she’s also pretty strong, because this is one heavy dress!

It’s not possible to match the embroidery on the bodice perfectly, so the best plan is to match the skirt. The bride chose tulip sleeves, which go really well with the overall look of the dress. She decided that adding embellishments around the front of the sleeves would be perfect, but it proved to be a problem! I could not find any pieces at the craft stores around town – they just don’t carry them any more.

So I decided to make some myself using my new embroidery machine. I found some similar patterns and embroidered them onto sheer material.

Now comes the hard part! I am (slowly) sewing them all on and adding silver thread around each one. And after that I’ll still have all the beading to do. Very time-consuming, but very pretty!

Copyright © 2015 Pixel Theme Studio. All rights reserved.