I made this giant felt Pop-tart the other night. Can you guess what it’s for? Hint: Halloween is coming up, and I have a gray cat…
EDIT: Nyan Cat costume tutorial here.
I didn’t take many pictures as I made it, but maybe I can explain and make this a bit of a tutorial (if for any reason you would want to make a large fabric pop-tart in the future!).
Giant Felt Pop-tart
- 2 pieces pastry/peach-colored felt (11.5″ x 8.5″)
- 1 piece light pink felt
- darker pink/fuchsia acrylic or fabric paint
- 10.5″ x 7.5″ piece of cardboard (I cut mine from a box.)
- matching thread
- fiber-fill or batting
- white acrylic or fabric paint (optional)
- white sparkles/glue with sparkles (optional)
1. Cut the light pink felt piece down about a three-fourths of an inch all the way around UNEVENLY. You want it to be slightly scalloped to give it more of an icing-on-pastry look. It will be about 10″ x 7″.
2. Cut around a pastry-colored piece of felt slightly, just to make the edges uneven like the pink piece.
3. Spread out some fiber-fill or cut down a piece of batting to slightly smaller than the pink felt piece. Place the batting/fiber-fill on the cut pastry piece and place the pink icing piece on top. Pin in place.